Pasta with mackerel!
This time a pasta dish with fish. The fatty acids in fish (omega 3 fatty acids) protect you against cardiovascular diseases. The advice is therefore to eat fish once a week. Especially oily fish such as mackerel contains many beneficial fatty acids.
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 200 grams smoked mackerel
- 150 grams wholegrain macaroni
- Italian herbs, salt and pepper
- Olive oil
1. Peel the onion and garlic and cut it small. Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
2. Add the canned diced tomatoes, some Italian herbs, salt and pepper and let the sauce cook gently for 15 minutes.
3. Boil the pasta in plenty of water according to the instructions for use on the package.
4. Meanwhile, wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters. Peel the cucumber with a cheese slicer.Also use the cheese slicer to scrape thin slices of it. Put the cucumber in a bowl with vinegar and some salt and pepper.
5. Divide the mackerel into pieces and mix in the sauce.
6. Drain the pasta and serve with the sauce, capers and tomatoes. Serve the cucumber salad separately.
Enjoy your meal!