Ole! This time a recipe from the Spanish kitchen, Paella made with brown rice. Brown rice is in the Wheel of Five. Brown rice contains fiber and is a source of carbohydrates and other healthy nutrients. Brown rice is a whole grain cereal product. Whole-grain cereal products have positive effects on your health. Therefore choose brown rice instead of white rice in all your dishes :-).
Ingredients for 3 persons:
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 100 grams of vine tomatoes
- 100 grams of chicken breast
- 150 grams brown rice
- 100 grams chorizo (or choose 100 grams shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- paprika powder
- ½ vegetable stock tablet
- 350 grams of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for hot applications)
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Cut the chicken breast into small pieces and sprinkle with pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil and fry the onion and garlic. Then add the chicken and cook until done.
3. Add the rice, turmeric, water and stock cube and bring to the boil. Cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, clean the bell pepper and zucchini and cut into cubes. After 10 minutes, mix the bell pepper and zucchini through the rice and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Cut the chorizo into cubes. After 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and chorizo to the pan and mix. Warm up the whole thing well.
6. Season the paella with some paprika powder.
Enjoy your meal!