Pulled chicken with peppers!
This time a healthy chicken recipe. Chicken and poultry are part of a healthy diet, mainly because of the proteins, vitamins and minerals. Chicken (and turkey) fat contains about 25% less saturated fat than beef and pork. Saturated fat increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Only chicken with skin such as chicken legs contains more fat and therefore more saturated fat. Chicken and turkey fillet is lean meat. These also provide fewer calories.
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 200 grams chicken breast
- 3 peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stock cube
- olive oil
- wholemeal bread
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Boil the chicken in water with the stock cube for 15 minutes until tender.
2. Wash the peppers, cut in half, remove the seeds and place in an oven dish, skin side up. Grill in the oven for 25 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve the stock. Divide the chicken into small pieces with two forks.
4. Wash and finely chop the tomatoes. Heat it with a little olive oil and the barbecue sauce and 70 ml of the stock. Puree with the hand blender until smooth. Add the chicken and paprika and chili powder and simmer to reduce the sauce.
5. Cut the peppers into small pieces and add to the sauce. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with toasted whole grain bread.
Enjoy your meal!